Wednesday, 6 November 2013

More on DrRacket

I thought Photoshop editing software was cool, now I think DrRacket is cooler :P

Today, I learnt about the concept of recursion where a DrRacket command is defined in such a manner that the command is used within the overall command!

What do i mean? See the following
e.g    lets assume i write a command which require a number input "x" to give an output
         Input                                                     Output
         command   (x)      ----------------------------->       ?
whereby, we define "command (x)" as follow
a) if x is 0, then we get output  dotdotdot
b) otherwise we  use "command (x-1)" to fool around and give an output
Notice how the command is in the overall definition of the command? That is recursion for you!


Check out some interesting things recursion can do:
        Input                                                      Output
       command   (0)     ------------------------------>  
       command   (1)     ------------------------------> 
       command   (2)     ------------------------------>
       command   (3)     ------------------------------>

Over here, I have applied some recursion and transformation to drawing circles and it results in some nice patterns :)

Below is another product of recursion with a little randomness incorporated into command for colors. Nice huh?




No comments:

Post a Comment